Thursday, September 27, 2012

If you're in Vancouver this weekend...

I'm bringin' safety back..yeah.
Vancouver Convention Centre

Interior Design Show West is here! 

Am I excited? 

Yes! 

Am I gonna kick its ass?

Yes! 

Am I ready?

Nope!

But one never feels totally ready for these shows. That's what makes it so fun and a work in progress! So many new pieces to be made and photies to be taken...but there's always Make It Vancouver and Edmonton in November!

I stayed til 1 AM last night getting everything set up so I would have time to make some more jewels today and not be rushed with the finishing touches. It took me just under 8 hours from the time I hauled everything into my space and nailed in the last picture. Which is nada compared to some of the exhibitors who have been setting up since Tuesday! 

The opening event is tonight from 6PM-10PM. There will be a Fashion Show (London, Paris and Vancouver Designers) in conjunction with Vancouver Fashion Week, cocktails at the Bocci Bar and of course some elbow rubbing and hobnobbing. Exhibitors will also be open for business. 





You will find yours truly in the One of a Kind District - Booth D7! I am introducing my photo wood blocks at this show. I have transferred several of my images onto wood cradles which can either be hung on the wall or free stand on their own..no two ever turn out the same. 

A few new sterling silver photo gems will be in the mix as well! 

I shall be Instagramming the weekend...you can follow me at 'traceytomtene'.


The show itself will be amazing! 


Speaker Schedule


Saturday, September 29

NOON Blanco Design Panel
Featuring Aly Velji, Andrew Pike & Cheryl Torrenueva

2PM Tommy SmytheDesigner, Sarah 101 on HGTV

4PM Suzanne Dimma & Mark ChallenCanadian House & Home

Sunday, September 30 

NOON Tommy SmytheDesigner, Sarah 101 on HGTV

1:30PM Kelly DeckKelly Deck Designs

3PM Amanda ForrestWest Coast Design Expert for the Marilyn Denis Show
Amanda Forrest Interior Design Group

Buy your tickets online here. 


The new Vancouver Convention Centre West
1055 Canada Place Vancouver, BC
Located at the foot of Burrard Street, North of Cordova

Hope to see ya there:) 

TT 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Trac........I'm there in spirit. Had a nice chat with Denny this morning.....she says "hi"

xoxo Nelly Bly

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, I saw your work at the show and it really stuck out to me. I just stumbled across your business card so I could look up your site. Your photography is beautiful and I love the photo jewelry!