Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Upcoming Holiday Shows in Edmonton and Vancouver:)


I am writing this from the sweet little town of Beaumont, just outside of Edmonton in Alberta. I flew in on the weekend so I could build yet another display and the scrap pile at Home Depot saved the day again! Here it is in its finished form and brightened up with a 'Deep Ocean' stain.


I continued on making jewelry like a MOFO as I had been the last several weeks in Vancouver, amongst also making canvas wood blocks and running around town and my apartment like a crazy person! Sigurd observed the shenanigans from the comfort of the couch.



I arrived at the Expo Centre at 11 this morning and didn't finish my set up til 7:30. Yeeks! The longest it has taken me to set up yet but also, if I do say so myself, the best display I think I've ever had!


Sue and Garry, the friends I am staying with, have been godsends! Helping me make my display, putting prints in sleeves, randomly massaging my shoulders while I make jewelry, lending me various last minute thingamabobs for the show, making me delicious food and even packing the van for me this morning! I have never had this much assistance with a show and boooooooooooooy does this kid appreciate it:)))




So, Make It Edmonton starts tomorrow! If you are in the area, I really hope to see you there. Deets below:

Northlands Expo Centre
7515 - 118 Avenue NW

$7 at the door, kids 12 and under are free.

Parking for Make It shoppers is $10 ($6 off regular rate), but it's going to be nice and sunny, so street parking, carpooling and LRT are great options too

Thursday, Nov 26 - 10am to 9pm
Friday, Nov 27 - 10am to 9pm
Saturday, Nov 28 - 10am to 6pm
Sunday, Nov 29 - 10am to 5pm


I'll be flying back to Vangroovy on November 30th to get ready for Make It Vancouver at the PNE!

Deets below:

PNE - Pacific National Exhibition
2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V5K 5J1

$7 at the door, kids 12 and under are free.

Get your early bird tickets now and save:)
https://makeitproductions.wufoo.eu/forms/make-it-vancouver-early-bird-tickets-2015/

Thursday, December 3
11am to 9pm
Friday, December 4
11am to 9pm
Saturday, December 5
10am to 7pm
Sunday, December 6
10am to 5pm

To see the lineup of rockstar Makies check out www.makeitshow.ca

Then for the last minute shoppers, I am doing the Women's Winter Faire at Heritage Hall on Dec. 19th and 20th! $3-$5 door donation will go to support Syrian Refugees.



OK that's all for now. I have some great news which I will share in the next update. If I don't get a chance to see you or send another note soon, I will send my warm wishes out to you now. I hope that your holidays are cozy, warm and bright with oodles of hugs and your favourite loved ones to share it with.

Lotsa Love and Mucho Blessings,

TT

No comments: