Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Summer Round-Up and an Upcoming Show!

Kits Beach, Vancouver, BC
Well hello there! Once again, it has been quite some time since I last wrote, but I have a pretty good excuse. Remember that whole work/life balance thingy I was talking about? Well, I have been trying to get better at it, which means some of my work things have been getting pushed down the To Do List.....namely, this blog:-/

I didn't want to see another summer go by as a complete blur so I made sure that I took a few actual WHOLE days off to float around in the ocean, lay on the beach with friends, lolly gag at Lost Lagoon and one of my fave past times, go SKIM BOARDING! It's not surfing, but the next best thing when one lives by a waveless ocean! 

My friend Kevin and I skimmin' at Spanish Banks, Vancouver, BC

Duck Moon, Lost Lagoon, Vancouver, BC
I have continued to focus on wholesaling my products to retailers and ramping up my online sales whilst participating less in markets. I did do a few markets however: Car Free on Main St, Carnaval del Sol and Viva Vancouver on Granville as well as Khatsalano Festival, where I met lovely people - some of which are now receiving this email - and thoroughly enjoyed being out and about. Human contact yay! 




Traffic in my online store, www.huggerofseas.com has picked up due to being featured in a couple of Etsy Fashion Newsletters: 


And I am currently in the following retail stores: 

Kimprints, Gastown 
Kimprints, Denman St
Migration Boutique, Victoria, BC 
Copper Sky Gallery, Madeira Park, BC

And in the 2 art collectives I belong to:

Giving Gifts, Main St, Vancouver, BC
Favourite Gifts, Lonsdale Quay, North Vancouver, BC

And soon at House of Jewels in the West End (ma 'hood) as well as Sansara Surf and Yoga Resort in Cambutal, PANAMA! 

EEEEE! 


It has been a nice and steady growth as my production team aka 'myself' (and at times Sigurd above), needs to be able to keep up with the demand of making the jewels. I am very grateful to have these lovely outlets to sell my work in and look forward to expanding further!



If you are around Vancouver this Thursday, in collaboration with Vancouver Fashion Week and Shop West 4th, myself, Cici ClothingSarah Mulder Jewelry and MeiKu Designs are introducing our Fall collections at Two of Hearts Clothing & Boutique on 4th and Maple from 6-9PM. Event info here 

Enjoy the simultaneous in-store soirees and promotions at any of the 20+ participating boutiques on 4th Ave. 

Here are a few pics of what I have been makin' lately! 









Much more to update you on, but must get bk to hammering metal for the show! Be in touch again soon:) Thanks for reading and hope your summer was most stupendously awesome!

Til next time, 

TT 

P.S. If you would like to stay in touch more regularly (along with my completely random, sporadic and inconsistent posts here), I am much more better at updating Instagram and Facebookin case you'd like to follow me:)

Kits Beach, Vancouver, BC

No comments: